11 September 2007

Highlighting New Books

I recently inserted a new feature into the right-hand sidebar of this blog: New Books. The titles are sourced from Amazon.com. The listing is compiled from RSS feeds that I have generated using this tool. Basically, I enter various keywords, create the feeds, and copy and paste them into Google Reader (the application I use to read my RSS feeds). When relevant titles that have recently been published show up as matches to my keywords, I mark them to "share" (a feature in Google Reader) and in turn they display in the "new books" box on my blog.

While the listing is certainly not an exhaustive inventory of all new book titles for a given month, I hope it is a useful mechanism for alerting researchers to some of the work that has been done in their field of interest.

Posted in Web Sites/Tools.

No comments: