Various folks attending the Ministerial Meeting in Geneva are tweeting about State pledges, offering a good way to get a quick gist. And you don't have to be on Twitter to follow them. For example, I learned about the following treaty accession pledges from States from @SarnataReynolds:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: 1961 Statelessness
- Cote d'Ivoire: 1951 Stateless Persons, 1961 Statelessness & Kampala IDP Conv. (in 2012)
- Georgia: 1954 Stateless Persons
- Luxembourg: 1961 Statelessness
- Portugal: 1954 Stateless Persons & 1961 Statelessness
- Serbia: ratified 1961 Statelessness in Oct. 2011
- Turkey: 1961 Statelessness
- Turkmenistan: 1961 Statelessness (see also news story)
- Uganda: 1961 Statelessness
And from #pledges4refugees, I learned that Spain will also accede to 1961 Statelessness.
Apparently, @AEUNHCR will tweet live during the treaty event later today.
The Statelessness Programme is also tweeting comments as the conference unfolds.
For reference, here's a summary of statelessness pledges from today's sessions.