Age Assessment (Scottish Refugee Council, June 2012) [access]
- Practice Guidance and an Information Guide are available.
Arrested Development: Colombian Youth in Panama (Women's Refugee Commission, June 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Child Acute Malnutrition and Mortality in Populations Affected by Displacement in the Horn of Africa, 1997–2009," International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 9:3 (March 2012) [open access]
A Framework for the Protection of Children (UNHCR, June 2012) [text]
New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, vol. 2012, no. 136 (Summer 2012) [contents] [Google preview]
- Special issue on “Independent Child Migration—Insights into Agency, Vulnerability, and Structure.”
Position Paper on Age Assessment in the Context of Separated Children in Europe (Separated Children in Europe Programme, 2012) [text]
Unaccompanied Minors in the Greek-Turkish Borders: Evros Region, March 2011-March 2012 (Greek Council for Refugees, 2012) [text]
Separated Children and Young People in the Asylum System, London, 10 October 2012 [info]
- An "early bird" discount is available for people who register by 20 July 2012.
EASO will hold a series of expert meetings on unaccompanied minors and age assessment (for more information, see p. 1 of the EASO Newsletter):
- Expert Meeting on EASO training and the EAC Interviewing Children Module, Malta, 25 - 26 July;
- Expert Meeting on Interviewing Children Procedures, Malta, 26 - 27 July;
- Expert Meeting on the use of x-ray and other medical evidence, Brussels, 6-7 September;
- Expert Meeting focusing on legal aspects, including the roles of the courts and judiciary as well as evidence assessment, Malta, 9 October;
- Working Party to explore the impact and connection between age assessment and other asylum procedures, Malta, 10 October;
- Expert meeting to consider the way forward and the possibilities for guidelines on unaccompanied minors and age assessment, Malta,
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.