- From two human rights organizations: Nauru Camp a Human Rights Catastrophe with No End in Sight (Amnesty International) [text]; End Offshore Transfer of Migrant Children (Human Rights Watch) [text]
- From an international organization: UNHCR Calls for Compassion and Legal Principles to be at Centre of Policy Responses [access]
- From a media group: The Conversation [access]
- From an overseas news network: Canada.com [access]
- From a refugee advocacy group: Refugee Council of Australia’s Response to Minister of Immigration [access via BroCAP]
If you would like to have a chance to sound off on asylum issues in Australia, consider submitting a piece to Right Now: Human Rights in Australia. The deadline is 10 December 2012.
The Last Mile: Experiences of Settlement and Attitudes to Return among People from South Sudan in Australia (STATT, Nov. 2012) [text]
- See also related blog post.
Refugees in Western Australia: Settlement and Integration (Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre, Aug. 2012) [text]
Review of Refugee Decision Making within the Current POD Process (Australian Dept. of Immigration and Citizenship, June 2012) [text]
- POD stands for "Protection Obligations Determination."
Settling In: Refugees in Nelson (Nelson Multicultural Council, Oct. 2012) [text]
- Note: Nelson is in New Zealand.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.