The Culture of Rights Protection in Canadian Refugee Law: Examining the Domestic Violence Cases, Oxford, 11 February 2013 [info]
- This presentation is based on an article by the same title that is forthcoming in the McGill Law Journal.
CFP: International Conference on Gender and Migration: Critical Issues and Policy Implications, Istanbul, 11-13 May 2013 [info]
- One area of focus will be "gender-based violence and forced migration"; deadline for abstracts is 22 February 2013.
Difference and Diversity in the Refugee Experience: Gender and the Asylum Process, London, 27 February 2013 [info]
- This "discussion...offers a theoretical and legal update on the interpretation of women’s experiences in the UK asylum determination process, supported with reference to relevant case studies."
Legal Change from the Bottom Up: The Development of Gender Asylum Jurisprudence in the United States, London, 19 March 2013 [info]
- Open to the public, but registration required.
"Domestic Violence as a Basis for Asylum: An Analysis of 206 Case Outcomes in the United States from 1994 to 2012," Hastings Women’s Law Journal, vol. 24, no. 1 (2013) [text via SSRN]
"Gender-Based Persecution as a Basis for Asylum in the United States: Structural and Procedural Defects," Impunity Watch, 2 May 2012 [text]
Gender Persecution and Refugee Law Reform in Canada (Battered Women's Support Services, Oct. 2012) [text]
Gender Related Asylum Claims in Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Law, Policies and Practice Focusing on Women in Nine EU Member States (European Parliament, Nov. 2012) [text]
- Re-issued version of this May 2012 report.
"Give Us Your Weary but Not Your Battered: The Department of Homeland Security, Politics and Asylum for Victims of Domestic Violence," Southwestern Journal of International Law, vol. 18, no. 1 (2012) [full-text]
"Persecution on Account of One’s Gender: Refugee Status or Status Quo?," Feminists@Law, vol. 2, no. 1 (2012) [open access text]
Refugee Status in Canada: Gender-related Claims (Ontario Women's Justice Network, Jan. 2013) [text]
Gender Related Harms in Forced Migration: A Comparative International Study, University of Technology Sydney, 2012-2015 [info]
- See related news story.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.