Climate Change and Migration in Southeast Asia: Responding to a New Security Challenge, Asia Security Initiative Policy Series, Working Paper, no. 20 (Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies, Feb. 2012) [text]
"Climate-change Displacement: Current Legal Solutions to Future Global Problems," Journal of Law, Information & Science, vol. 22, no. 1 (2011) [full-text]
Crossing Borders Because of Climate Change: Normative Gaps (Brookings-LSE Project on Internal Displacement, Feb. 2012) [text]
Disaster Affected Environmental Refugees and Human Rights (SSRN, Feb. 2012) [text]
People Displaced by Climate Change Need Our Help, But So Do Those Who Cannot Leave (Scientific American Blog, Feb. 2012) [text]
Protection of and Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons, UN Doc. No. A/66/285 (UN General Assembly, Aug. 2011) [text]
- Includes thematic section on "Climate Change and Internal Displacement."
Events after the fact:
The Crisis Behind the Crisis? Forced Migration and its Consequence as a Result of Environmental Change and Natural Disaster in ASEAN, Bangkok, 15 Dec. 2011 [access]
- Note: I referenced a paper from this conference earlier, but didn't realize that other relevant titles were available; items assigned the code "M-08-11" under "Book ID" designate papers from this meeting.
Rethinking Migration: Climate, Resource Conflicts, and Politics of Migration/Refugees in Europe, Berlin, 13-14 October 2011 [access]
- Scroll down for conference papers.
Upcoming events & opportunities:
CFP: Conference on Human Rights, Environmental Change, Migration and Displacement, Vienna, 20-21 September 2012 [info]
- The deadline for submissions is 1 April 2012.
CFP: Workshop on Climate Change and Migration in Mountain Areas, Brighton, UK, 3-4 May 2012 [info]
- The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2012.