Public Consultation: Tackling Migrant Smuggling: Is the EU Legislation Fit for Purpose? [info]
- Feedback can be submitted until 6 April 2016.
Global Action to Prevent and Address Trafficking in Persons and the Smuggling of Migrants [info]
- "[A] joint-initiative by the European Union and the UNODC being implemented in partnership with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)." Follow link for project summary. Officially launched 21 Jan. 2016.
"History of Slavery, Human Smuggling and Trafficking 1860-2010," Chapter in Histories of Transnational Crime (Springer, 2015) [abstract]
- Follow link for free preview of first two pages. See also Google's preview.
Migration: The Clock is Ticking in Asia Too (openDemocracy, Sept. 2015) [text]
Smuggling of Migrants and Refugees: A Multi-million Dollar Industry (Regional MMS, Jan. 2016) [text]
Targeting Vulnerabilities: The Impact of the Syrian War and Refugee Situation on Trafficking in Persons - A Study of Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq (ICMPD, Dec. 2015) [text]
- See also related policy brief.
Trafficking in Human Beings (EUROSTAT, 2015) [text]
Beyond Trafficking and Slavery Short Course (openDemocracy) [access]
- "With the BTS Short Course, we have re-edited our publications from the past 18 months into the world’s first open access ‘e-syllabus’ on forced labour, trafficking, and slavery. With 167 contributions from 150 top academics and practitioners, this 900-page, eight-volume set is packed with insights from the some of the best and most progressive scholarship and activism currently available. We have made this free for download, as well as print and classroom ready, with the goal of reaching not only practitioners and students in the global north, but to also reach readers working in organisations and institutions unable to pay for expensive academic journal and subscription services."
*Human Trafficking and Slavery Reconsidered, London, 19 Jan. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
- Thematic Focus: Human Trafficking & Smuggling (17 Dec. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.