LLRX.com recently published an updated version of my "Guide to International Refugee Law Resources on the Web." This legal information service is an excellent resource, particularly for finding out about the law and legal systems of other countries. An earlier guide of mine on country research for refugee status determination purposes is also available through LLRX.com, although it's a bit out of date at this point. (A more complete country of origin information guide - actually, more of a training manual - was produced by the Austrian Red Cross.)
Other resources that provide useful introductions to or overviews of forced migration issues include:
- Forced Migration Online's research guides (both thematic and regional, including a general guide to forced migration resources on the web that I prepared)
- Human Rights Education Associates' study guides (thematic)
- IDMC's Internal Displacement: Global Overview of Trends and Developments in 2006
- IFRC's World Disasters Report 2006: Focus on Neglected Crises (2007 edition due out at the end of the year)
- UNHCR's The State of the World's Refugees 2006: Human Displacement in a New Millennium
- USCRI's World Refugee Survey 2007 is due to be published in June; editions for 2003-2006 are available here.
Posted in Publications.