Counting (UNRWA) Refugees (PRRN Blog, May 2012) [text]
Finding the Third State: International Human Rights Law and State Responsibility for Iraqi Refugees, Paper presented at the Annual Osgoode Hall Graduate Law Students’ Association Conference, 9 May 2011 (SSRN, posted April 2012) [text]
Fragmented Lives: Humanitarian Overview 2011 (OCHA, May 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
Israelis and Africans: The Other Refugee Story (Footsteps to Freedom Blog, May 2012) [text]
Lebanon is Close to Tipping Point (Refugees International Blog, May 2012) [text]
The Syrian Uprising and Iraq: Returnees, Refugees, and Revolutionaries (NGO Coordination Committee in Iraq, May 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
*UNHCR Eligibility Guidelines for Assessing the International Protection Needs of Asylum-Seekers from Iraq (UNHCR, May 2012) [text]
Crisis in Yemen:
Yemen has been in the news a lot recently due to its worsening humanitarian crisis. Some recent resources are listed below. For more information, visit the Humanitarian Response web site developed by OCHA, ReliefWeb's Yemen page and UNHCR's Country Operations Profile for Yemen.
- Analysis: Battle for "Hearts and Minds" as Yemen Crisis Deepens (IRIN, May 2012) [text]
- Humanitarian Implementation Plan (ECHO, April 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
- Overview Trends Analysis 2011 (RMMS, Jan. 2012) [text]
- Where There's a Will: Tackling the Humanitarian Crisis in Yemen (Oxfam, May 2012) [text]
- Yemen in Need: League of Arab States, Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and The Humanitarian Forum hold humanitarian conference in Cairo (AlertNet, May 2012) [text]
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.