- No. 4: Forced Migration: No Resolution in Sight for Syrians, Violent Outbreaks Displace Thousands across African Continent
- No. 8: Major Immigration Countries Take a Crack at Addressing Thorny Issue of Immigrant Detention
- No. 10: As Migration of Unaccompanied Minors Endures, and in Some Cases Rises, Governments Seek to Respond
IRIN also recently published an indepth feature on migration - "Crossing into the Unknown" - noting in the overview article that "Increasingly, the traditional distinctions between refugees, asylum seekers, forced and economic migrants are becoming less clear as people move from one country to another for a combination of reasons. In some cases, these may include fear of persecution, but often they also include the wish to improve economic prospects or reunite with family members."
Other resources include:
The Global Economic Crisis and the Future of Migration: What Will Migration Look Like in 2045? (Palgrave Macmillan, Dec. 2012) [info]
- See also earlier related report.
The Migration Industry and the Commercialization of International Migration (Routledge, Dec. 2012) [info]
- See also earlier related policy brief.
50 Years of International Migration: Virual Issue [access]
- "Celebrating 50 years of International Migration this Virtual Issue includes classic articles from each Volume of International Migration selected by the ediitor and are free to download."
*Despite Crises, Migration Still a Political Hot Potato (IPS, Dec. 2012) [text]
Migrants in Times of Crisis: An Emerging Protection Challenge, New York, 9 October 2012 [access]
- The final report for this workshop is not yet available, but related materials are.
Moving to Safety: Migration Consequences of Complex Crises, International Dialogue on Migration, no. 20 (IOM, 2012) [text]
- Includes the "the report and supplementary materials of a workshop...which was held in Geneva, Switzerland on 24 and 25 April 2012."
Protecting Migrants during Times of Crisis: Immediate Responses and Sustainable Strategies, International Dialogue on Migration, no. 21 (IOM, 2012) [text]
- Includes the "the report and supplementary materials of a workshop...which was held in Geneva, Switzerland on 13 and 14 September 2012."
Upcoming event & opportunity
Migration and Asylum (Foundation Course), HREA E-Learning Course, 13 Feb. - 26 March 2013 [info]
- Discounts available for those who register before 15 December 2012 and 15 January 2013.
International Migrants Day, 18 December 2012 [info] [info]
- Held on the day that the General Assembly adopted the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.