The 1969 OAU Refugee Convention and the Protection of People fleeing Armed Conflict and Other Situations of Violence in the Context of Individual Refugee Status Determination, Legal and Protection Policy Research Series, no. PPLA/2013/01 (UNHCR, Jan. 2013) [text]
- Note: "This paper was commissioned by UNHCR in the context of a project on Developing
Guidelines for the protection of people fleeing violence and conflict across borders." Other commissioned papers in this series are listed in this earlier post.
Asylum in the Practice of
Latin American and African States, New Issues in Refugee Research, no. 249 (UNHCR, Jan. 2013) [text]
- This paper looks in part at asylum-related provisions within the constitutions of African states. One of the authors will also discuss the paper's findings at an International Refugee Seminar in London, 13 May 2013.
Experts Weekly: The Kampala Convention on IDPs Enters into Force (Think Africa Press, Dec. 2012) [text]
- "What will be the potential effects of the Kampala Convention and what are its successes and shortcomings?"
Internal Displacement and the Kampala Convention: An Opportunity for Development Actors (IDMC & NRC, Nov. 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
- "This analytical paper examines how displacement-relevant international and national human rights instruments and frameworks, including the recent Kampala Convention, can influence and strengthen the design and implementation of development interventions targeting IDPs in Africa."
Also watch for this forthcoming volume:
Protection of the Right to Seek and Obtain Asylum under the African Human Rights System (Martinus Nijhoff, March 2013) [info]
- "This Commentary [by Chaloka Beyani) provides a valuable insight into the use of human rights in the protection of refugees through the prism of the African Human Rights System."
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.