2016 CERF in Action Global Displacement (OCHA, Dec. 2016) [text]
- Note: CERF = Central Emergency Response Fund.
Data Preparedness: Connecting Data, Decision-making and Humanitarian Response (Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Nov. 2016) [text]
Scale up or Cut Back? Aid Sector Grapples with Growing Funding Gap (IRIN, Dec. 2016) [text]
Towards a Humanitarian's Handbook for Cities in Crisis (IIED Blog, Nov. 2016) [text]
- Note: Includes links to two working papers at the bottom of the page.
World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2016 (OCHA, Dec. 2016) [text]
2017 Global Humanitarian Overview (OCHA) [access] [pdf]
- A consolidated appeal to support people affected by disaster and conflict.
Aid Worker Attacks (IRIN & Humanitarian Outcomes) [access]
- "This map...is the first time ever the full scope of aid worker security events has been presented in visual form, which can be searched and filtered and browsed. It shows events from the beginning of 2000 until the end of May 2015."
Complicit or Emancipatory? Architecture, Space and Design in Humanitarian Operations, Oxford, 16 Nov. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
Secure Access in Volatile Environments (SAVE) (GPPI & Humanitarian Outcomes) [access]
- This "programme explores how to deliver humanitarian aid in some of the most challenging conflict environments. Based on three years of field work in four countries – Afghanistan, South Central Somalia, South Sudan and Syria – it is the first major effort to answer some of the aid world’s most critical questions about how much aid is getting to war zones and how much that aid is helping." Reports are available under each of the three sections of the site: "Presence and Coverage," "Access and Quality" and "Accountability and Learning."
- Thematic Focus: Humanitarian Assistance (2 Dec. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.