Early Solutions Planning: What can be Done to Promote, Support and Facilitate Solutions Processes in the Early Stages of Displacement? (IRC & ReDSS, Dec. 2016) [text]
*Home Office Research and Policy Conclusions relating to the Effective Integration of Refugees (Still Human Still Here, March 2016) [text via Refworld]
Just 10 States Resettled More Than Half of Recent Refugees to U.S. (Pew Research, Dec. 2016) [text]
New Scots: Integrating Refugees in Scotland’s Communities - Year 2: Implementation Progress Report (Scottish Government, March 2016) [access]
Nordic Resettlement Series (Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies Blog, Nov.-Dec. 2016) [intro to series]
- Post 1: Swedish Cultural Orientation Programs and the Notion of the "Passive Refugee" [text]
- Post 2: The Evolution of Danish Refugee Resettlement Policy, 1978-2016 [text]
- Post 3: Resettlement in Contemporary Norway – Lessons from a Discourse Analysis of the Norwegian Debate on the Syrian Refugee Crisis [text]
Where There's a Will, There's a Way: Safe Havens Needed for Refugees from Syria (Oxfam, Dec. 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
European Resettlement Network [access]
- "We are pleased to announce the launch of the European Resettlement Network’s next phase: led by IOM, ICMC and UNHCR, the project entitled ERN+ - Developing Innovative European Models for the Protection of Refugees and Providing Support to New Resettlement Countries will explore new forms of admission for those in need of international protection and highlight the need for safe and legal ways for them to reach the EU.
In the framework of the project, we will explore three main forms of admission: community-based private sponsorship programmes (including enhanced family reunification), student scholarship schemes, and humanitarian visas. ..." More information is available here.
Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX) [access]
- "MIPEX is a unique tool which measures policies to integrate migrants in all EU Member States, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA.
167 policy indicators have been developed to create a rich, multi-dimensional picture of migrants’ opportunities to participate in society. The index is a useful tool to evaluate and compare what governments are doing to promote the integration of migrants in all the countries analysed. ..."
- Thematic Focus: Solutions (2 Dec. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.