Conference: Forgotten Corridors: Global Displacement & the Politics of Engagement, 10th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Refugee and Forced Migration Studies (CARFMS), Victoria, Canada, 15 -18 May 2017 [info]
- Early bird registration extended to 7 April 2017.
Job announcement: Research Manager, Center for Migration and Refugee Studies, Cairo [info]
- Apply by 10 April 2017.
Conference: What International Law Values, 111th ASIL Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 12-15 April 2017 [info]
- Browse the programme for sessions of interest. The Migration Law Interest Group will also hold a separate works-in-progress session.
CFP: Virtual Conference on Refugee & Migrant Health, Mobility, Human Rights & Responsibilities, 9-11 October 2017 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 April 2017.
Summer course: Migration and Integration: Refugees, Rights & Realities, Amsterdam, 9-21 July 2017 [info]
- Apply by 15 April 2017.
*CFP: Addressing Risk and Uncertainty in Migration, Toronto, 18 May 2017 [info]
- Submission deadline is 17 April 2017.
Summer course: The Policy and Politics of Refugee Resettlement in Canada, Montreal, 24 July-4 August 2017 [info]
- Apply by 20 April 2017.
CFP: Groningen Journal of International Law [info]
- Contributions sought for Summer 2017 issue on "International Migration Law." Submission deadline is 28 April 2017. (Note: This is an open access journal.)
Post-doctoral fellowship: Migration and Mobility Studies, The New School, New York [info]
- Application deadline is 28 April 2017.
*Training: Introduction to Statelessness, Brighton, UK, 29 April 2017 [info]
CFP: Migration and Mobility, Accra, 5-6 October 2017 [info]
- Submission deadline is 1 May 2017.
Courses: Geneva Summer Schools, Geneva, 19-30 June 2017 [info]
- Two courses of particular interest include "Global and Regional Migration Governance" and "Understanding Humanitarian Action." Registration deadline is 1 May 2017.
Job announcement: Departmental Lecturer in Forced Migration, Refugee Studies Centre, Oxford [info]
- Apply by 3 May 2017.
*Project findings: Multiple Crises? The Many Faces of Migration and Reception Systems in the Mediterranean, London. 4 May 2017 [info]
Elizabeth Colson Lecture: Nostalgia and Legitimacy: Understanding the Externalization of European Migration Policy, Oxford, 10 May 2017 [info]
Conference: 2017 Annual Consultations with NGOs, Geneva, 14-16 June 2017 [info]
- This year's theme is "From Global Responsibility to Local Action: Implementing the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF)." Registration deadline is 12 May 2017. Note that *online* registration will close once 500 delegates have signed up.
Conference: Mass Influx? Law, Policy and Large-Scale Movements of Refugees and Migrants, 2nd Annual Refugee Law Initiative Conference, London, 5-7 June 2017 [info]
- The programme is now available. Note: Poster submissions are still being accepted until 12 May 2017.
CFP: Peace Research: The Canadian Journal of Peace and Conflict Studies [info]
- Contributions from presenters at CARFMS 2016 Conference for special issue. Submission deadline is 15 May 2017.
Fundraising: Barbara Harrell-Bond Documentary Film [info]
- Deadline is 15 May 2017.
Symposium: 7th Annual International Symposium on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling, Brussels, 17 May 2017 [info]
Funding opportunity: Reception and Placement Program in the U.S. [info]
- Proposal submission deadline is 22 May 2017.
- Events & Opportunities: Last Minute March 2017/More April 2017
Tagged Events & Opportunities.