"A City without Undocumented Immigrants," The Guardian, 17 & 24 March & 5 April 2017 [access]
- Three-part series, focusing on Charlotte, North Carolina.
Deportation as a Crime against Humanity (JURIST Blog, April 2017) [text]
"Embracing the Chinese Exclusion Case: A Back-Door Solution to Racial Exclusions," William & Mary Law Review, vol. 59 (Forthcoming, 2018) [preprint via SSRN]
The Face of Latin American Migration is Rapidly Changing. US Policy Isn’t Keeping Up (The Conversation, April 2017) [text]
"Full Bench of 4th Circuit to Hear Trump Travel Ban Case in May," Politico, 10 April 2017
"Line in the Sand: A Border Patrol Agent Story," This American Life, 31 March 2017 [access via ImmigrationProf Blog]
- Follow link for podcast.
The Refuge, vol. 1, no. 1 (March 2017) [full-text]
- Newsletter from the ABA International Refugee Law Committee. Includes several articles on the recent Executive Orders in the U.S.
"Sessions Signals Immigration Crackdown: 'This is the Trump era'," Politico, 11 April 2017 [text]
- See also related Human Rights First press release.
"Trump Era Ushers in New Unofficial Policy on Asylum-Seekers," Rolling Stone, 4 April 2017 [text]
Trump Executive Order and DHS Implementation Memo on Border Enforcement: A Brief Review (Migration Policy Institute, April 2017) [text]
What History Reveals about Surges in Anti-Semitism and Anti-immigrant Sentiments (The Conversation, April 2017) [text]
What the Data Really Show about Terrorists Who "Came Here" (Lawfare Blog, April 2017)
- Three-part post: 1) Introduction; 2) Country-by-country analysis; 3) What if you included domestic terrorism cases?
"Will the Syria Chemical Attack Change Trump's Mind about Refugees Too?," CNN, 7 April 2017 [text]
- Regional Focus: United States (4 April 2017)