Refuge recently underwent two changes: First, it is now Canada's Journal on Refugees, rather than "Periodical." And second, it is now officially Open Access. In the past, articles had been made available online in full at no cost, in tandem with the release of the print version. The latter has now been dispensed with, and Refuge is online only.
Calls for papers:
Forced Migration Review
- Issue on "Fragile States"; submission deadline is 7 January 2013.
- Reminder: deadline for submissions to issue on "Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity" is 3 December 2012.
Oxford Monitor of Forced Migration
- Submissions sought for vol. 3, no. 1, to be published in April 2013; the deadline is 14 February 2013.
Bulletin de veille stratégique, vol. 9, no. 3 (Sept. 2012) [full-text via Oppenheimer Chair]
- Mix of articles including "Parrainage privé des réfugiés au Canada : Quel passé? Quel avenir?" and "Année 2011, la pire de la décennie pour les réfugiés."
European Journal of Migration and Law, vol. 4, no. 4 (2012) [contents]
- Mix of articles.
Geopolitics, vol. 17, no. 2 (2012) [contents]
- Special issue on "The Geopolitics of Migration and Mobility"; includes "The Geopolitics of Migrant Mobility: Tracing State Relations through Refugee Claims, Boats, and Discourses" and several articles on detention and deportation.
Immigrants & Minorities, vol. 30, nos. 2-3 (2012) [contents]
- Special issue on "Refugees in Britain: Cultural and Political Transfer since c.1830"; the preface and introduction are freely available in full-text.
Interventions: International Journal of Postcolonial Studies, vol. 14, no. 3 (2012) [contents]
- Special issue on "Cinemas of Displacement and Destitution."
Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, vol. 14, no. 6 (Dec. 2012) [contents]
- Special focus on chronic disease; includes three articles on refugees.
Tagged Periodicals and Events & Opportunities.