1. Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme, Sixty-third session, Geneva, 1-5 October 2012 [info]
- The provisional agenda is now available. Other relevant documents include the Note on International Protection, the Addendum to the Note on International Protection (a report of the Ministerial Meeting last December), and the report of the 53rd meeting of the Standing Committee. While the report for the most recent meeting, the 54th, is not yet available, other documents from that session can be found here.
Recent publications referencing EXCOM Conclusions:
"La fabrique des normes internationales sur la protection des réfugiés au sein du comité exécutif du HCR," Critique internationale, no. 54 (janvier-mars 2012) [abstract]
"Observations on EXCOM’s 60th Session (2009): Does UNHCR Need (More) EXCOM Conclusions?," Refuge, vol. 27, no. 2 (2010) [full-text]
2. High Commissioner's Dialogue on Protection Challenges, Geneva, 12-13 December 2012 [info]
- This year's theme is "Faith and Protection"; read the concept paper for more information. Documentation from previous Dialogues can be accessed here.
Recent publications referencing faith/religion:
International Religious Freedom Report for 2011 (U.S. Dept. of State, 2012) [text]
Sacred Aid: Faith and Humanitarianism (OUP, July 2012) [info]
- "Collectively, the chapters in this volume comprise an original and authoritative account of [how] religion has reshaped the global humanitarian movement in recent times."
UNHCR/NGO Annual Consultations, Geneva, 3-5 July 2012 [info]
- While the final rapporteur reports for this meeting are not yet available, some informal reports have been provided by the European Network on Statelessness blog, the Joint IDP Profiling Service, NGLS, and the Refugee Council of Australia.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.