EDAL Conference 2014: Reflections on the Current Application of the EU Asylum Acquis, Dublin, 17-18 January 2014 [info]
- "As we see the fruits of the second phase of the CEAS begin to be implemented, the EDAL Conference provides a space to critically and constructively reflect on the reality of the achievements of the CEAS to date and to consider the potential for greater levels of protection and harmonisation in the future." Registration now open.
Direct Provision: Framing an Alternative Reception System for People Seeking International Protection (Irish Refugee Council, Dec. 2013) [text]
European Refugee Policy: Pathways to Fairer Burden-Sharing (Expert Council of German Foundations on Integration and Migration, Dec. 2013) [text]
From Africa to Europe: A Surprisingly Dangerous Journey for Migrants (Take Part, Dec. 2013) [text via ImmigrationProf Blog]
"Outside the Moral Circle - Polish Political Refugees in Norway: Between the Established and the Outsiders," Human Figurations, vol. 2, no. 3 (Nov. 2013) [open access text]
Protecting the EU's Borders: "Saving lives should be mandatory" (European Parliament, Dec. 2013) [text]
- See also links on right under "Further Information."
Refugees in Bulgaria Trapped in Substandard Conditions (Amnesty International, Dec. 2013) [text]
UNHCR Provisional Comments and Recommendations on the Draft Amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees (UNHCR Sofia, Dec. 2013) [text]
- See also related news story.
für Verbesserungen im Flüchtlingsschutz anlässlich der Bildung
der Österreichischen Bundesregierung
für die XXV. Regierungsperiode (UNHCR Vienna, Oct. 2013) [text]
- See also related news story (in German).
European Migration Law (EuropeanMigrationLaw.eu) [access]
- "[A]ims to make quick and simple information [available] about legislative and case law developments in the areas of asylum and migration available to professionals and practitioners... ."
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.