Event: UEL Human Rights Day, 10 December 2015 [info]
- Focus is on raising awareness of refugee issues.
Conference: The Changing Face of Global Mobility: Celebrating 10 Years of the International Migration Institute, Oxford, 13-15 January 2016 [info]
- Registration deadline is 14 December 2015.
CFP: Faces of Displacement: Constructions of the Self and Discourses about Refugee-ness across the Mediterranean Region, Panel at Conference on Migrants: Communities, Borders, Memories, Conflicts, Catania, 17-19 March 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 December 2015.
Call for panels: 65 Jahre Genfer Flüchtlingskonvention = 65 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention, Erste Tagung des Netzwerks Flüchtlingsforschung, Osnabrück, 6-8 October 2016 [info]
- Working language of the conference is German; submit panel proposals by 23 December 2015.
CFP: Emerging Immigration Scholars Conference, Los Angeles, 26-27 February 2016 [info]
- Deadline for draft papers is 1 January 2016.
CFP: Anti-Trafficking Review [info]
- Theme is "Trafficking Representations." Submission deadline is 8 January 2016.
CFP: Experiencing Displacement in Hazardous Climates: Anthropological Perspectives, Panel at RAI Conference on Anthropology, Weather, and Climate Change, London, 27-29 May 2016 [info]
- Abstract submission deadline is 8 January 2016.
CFP: The Future of Refugee Law, 1st Annual Conference of the Refugee Law Initiative, London, 29 June-1 July 2016 [info]
- The deadline for submissions is 8 January 2016.
CFP: Forced Migration Review [info]
- Articles sought for issue on "Thinking ahead: displacement, transition and solutions." Article submission deadline is 11 January 2016.
CFP: 9th International Conference on Migration and Development, Florence, 13-14 June 2016 [info]
- Deadline for submitting full papers is 15 January 2016.
CFP: Difficult Conversations: Thinking and Talking about Women, Genders, and Sexualities Inside and Outside the Academy. Hempstead, NY, 1-4 June 2017 [info]
- Includes a themed track on "Refugees, Asylum and Gender." Deadline for proposals is 15 January 2016.
CFP: Migration Crisis? What Crisis? Why Crisis? Thinking, Framing, and Theorizing Mass Mobility in a Globalized Age, Rochester, NY, 21 March-1 April 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 January 2016.
CFP: Statelessness Working Paper Series [info]
- Submission deadline is 15 January 2016.
CFP: Refugee and Asylum Law: Theory, Policy and Practice, Conference stream at the Socio-Legal Studies Association Annual Conference 2016, Lancaster, UK, 5-7 April 2016 [info]
- Submission deadline is 18 January 2016.
Workshop: The Responsibility to Protect and the Refugee Crisis: How Should Europe Respond?, Leeds, UK, 18 January 2016 [info]
Programme Director, Migration Policy Centre, Florence [info]
- Apply by 25 January 2016.
Conference: Undesirable and Unreturnable?
Policy Challenges around Excluded Asylum Seekers and Other Migrants Suspected of Serious Criminality but Who Cannot be Removed, London, 25-26 January 2016 [info]
- Registration is now open.
CFP: Contention Journal [info]
- Special issue on "Civil Society and Uncivil Times." Submit articles by 31 January 2016.
Courses: Summer Course on Refugees and Forced Migration, Toronto, 9-13 May 2016 [info]
- Early bird registration deadline is 31 January 2016.
- Events & Opportunities: More Nov. 2015/New Dec. 2015
Tagged Events & Opportunities.