Job announcement: Secretary General, European Council on Refugees and Exiles, Brussels [info]
- Application deadline is 14 December 2015.
CFP: Migration and Asylum: New Challenges and Opportunities for Europe, Madrid, 21-22 April 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 10 January 2016.
Don’t Respond to Refugees with Fear and Bigotry (Human Rights Watch, Dec. 2015) [text]
"The Effectiveness of Norway's Readmission Agreements with Iraq and Ethiopia," International Migration, Early View, 1 Dec. 2015 [open access]
The EU Refugee Crisis: The Tip of a Global Iceberg, IFPRI Policy Brief, no. 23 (IFPRI, Nov. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
The EU’s 'Short-sighted' Migration Deal with Turkey (IRIN, Nov. 2015) [text]
Helping Refugees: What is the Law?, Presentation at 2nd Techfugees Conference, London, 2 Dec. 2015 [access]
- Follow link for slideshow.
Migration and Refugee Governance in the Mediterranean: Europe and International Organisations at a Crossroads, IAI Working Paper, no. 42 (Istituto Affari Internazionali, Oct. 2015) [text]
"Migration Flows and the Reintroduction of Internal Border Controls: Assessing Necessity and Proportionality," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 65 (Dec. 2015) [full-text]
New Border Regime in the Balkans "Inequitable and Illegal" (IRIN, Nov. 2015) [text]
"The Strategic Implications of the Syrian Refugee Crisis," Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, vol. 57, no. 6 (2015) [free full-text]
Asylum Information Database (AIDA) [access]
- The latest country reports/updates are for Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Poland and the UK.
Migrant Crisis [access]
- Likewise, the Migration Policy Centre continues to add new or update existing notes on how individual countries within and outside of the EU are responding to the refugee crisis.
- Regional Focus: Europe (25 Nov. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.