- Documents and statements can be accessed here.
Agreement Concerning the Relationship between the United Nations and the International Organization for Migration, UN Doc. no. A/70/976 (UN General Assembly, July 2016) [text via Refworld]
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration: 2015 Key Highlights (IOM, July 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Caught in the Crossfire: United Nations Security and Policy Perspectives on the Refugee Crisis (Global Initiative, June 2016) [text]
A Crisis That Shouldn’t Be (openDemocracy, July 2016) [text]
- Part of the blog debate series on "The Future of Refugee Protection."
Genuine Responsibility-Sharing: Amnesty International’s Five Proposals - The Global Refugee Crisis (Amnesty International, July 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Global Responses to Refugees: What is the World Thinking?, Sydney, 28 June 2016 [info]
- Follow link for video and podcast.
The League of Nations' Work on Social Issues: Visions, Endeavours and Experiments (UN, 2016) [access]
- See esp. last two chapters on Fridtjof Nansen and on Russian refugees and the history of humanitarianism. Note: PDFs are not accessible but chapters can be freely "read.'
Looking Beyond the Refugee Crisis, Sheffield, UK, 9 June 2016 [info]
- Follow link for video of keynote address and other overviews of/comments about the conference.
Mandate of the Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons, UN Doc. no. A/HRC/32/L.13 (UN Human Rights Council, June 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Memorandum of Understanding between the International Labour Organization and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Geneva, 1 July 2016 [text]
- See also related UNHCR news story.
Memorandum of Understanding for Co-operative Activities between United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris, 15 June 2016 [text]
State of the World's Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2016 : Events of 2015 (Minority Rights Group International, July 2016) [text]
Survival Migration: Addressing the Global Crisis, Washington, DC, 11 July 2016 [info]
- Follow link for video.
Understanding and Addressing Public Anxiety about Immigration (Migration Policy Institute, July 2016) [text]
- Listen also to audio of related webinar.
- Thematic Focus: General (25 June 2016)