"'Language Background Other Than English': A Problem NAPLaN Test Category for Australian Students of Refugee Background," Race Ethnicity and Education, vol. 19, no. 2 (2016) [postprint via Univ. of Queensland IR]
"Refugees in Germany 'Better Educated than Expected'," DW, 14 Nov. 2016 [text]
- The study referred to in this article is available via the IAB site, in German only.
Report on Joint Education Mission to Dadaab Refugee Camps, 28th-30th October 2016 (Education Cluster, Oct. 2016) [text]
The Role of Education in Displacement Crises, Dublin, 6 Oct. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for video and podcast.
Three Principles for Global Support to Refugee Education (Education Plus Development Blog, Sept. 2016) [text]
"University Transition Challenges for First Year Domestic CALD Students from Refugee Backgrounds: A Case Study from an Australian Regional University," Australian Journal of Adult Learning, vol. 56, no. 2 (July 2016) [full-text via ResearchGate]
PEER: Platform for Education in Emergencies Response (Catalyst Trust & IIE) [info]
- This clearinghouse "will allow refugee and internally displaced students to find and connect to education opportunities around the world." It is currently under development. More info. is available here.
Refugees Welcome Map (European University Association) [access]
- "With the Refugees Welcome Map campaign, EUA aims to showcase and document the commitment of higher education institutions and organisations in supporting refugees. EUA is collecting data on their initiatives and activities via a brief survey and presenting them in this interactive map, which will be continuously updated. The campaign began in Europe but is open to institutions and organisations around the world."
- Thematic Focus: Education (16 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.