CFP: Critical Approaches to Irregular Migration Facilitation: Grounding the Theory and Praxis of Human Smuggling, El Paso, Texas, 6-8 April 2017 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 November 2016.
Job announcement: Clinical Associate Professor, Human Trafficking and Immigrant Rights Clinic, Boston University School of Law [info]
- Apply by 1 December 2016.
Abuse, Exploitation and Trafficking: IOM Reveals Data on the Scale of the Danger and Risks that Migrants Face on the Mediterranean Routes to Europe (IOM, Oct. 2016) [text]
- Note: Here is the most recent human trafficking survey (Nov. 3rd). To locate others, go to IOM's migration flows for Europe page, click on the "documents" tab, then select the "countertrafficking survey" tag on the left.
"Human Trafficking and Migration Management in the Global South," International Journal of Sociology, vol. 46, no. 3 (2016) [full-text via ResearchGate]
Human Trafficking and Natural Disasters: An Empirical Analysis, Honors thesis (Boston Univ., 2016) [text]
"Human Trafficking and Natural Disasters: Exploiting Misery," International Affairs Review, vol. XXIV, no. 1 (Spring 2016) [full-text]
The 'Humanitarian Smuggling' of Refugees: Criminal Offence or Moral Obligation?, RSC Working Paper, no. 119 (Refugee Studies Centre, Oct. 2016) [text]
- See also related EU Law Analysis blog post.
Migrant Smuggling Data and Research: A Global Review of the Emerging Evidence Base (IOM, 2016) [text]
Mujeres inmigrantes irregulares y víctimas de trata: en el último escalón de los grupos de excluidos (IntLawGrrls, Oct. 2016) [text]
Preventing Vulnerability to Trafficking and the Unintended Consequences of Restrictive Migration Policies (ICMPD Blog, Oct. 2016) [text]
- First blog in a 3-part series; scroll down to bottom of page to view.
"Protection Options for Trafficked Persons in Canada: The Need for a More Coordinated Approach," Migration Studies, Advance Access, 19 Oct. 2016 [abstract]
Strategy to Address Human Trafficking, Kidnappings and Smuggling of Persons in Sudan - Strengthening Alternatives to Onward Movements, 2015-2017 (UNHCR et al., 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Human Trafficking (4 Oct. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.