CFP: The Multiple Truths of Asylum, Johannesburg, 6-7 June 2013 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 30 March 2013.
Job opening: Project on the Sharing of Responsibility for Persons in Need of International Protection within the EU, and between the EU and Third States, Lund, Sweden [info]
- Based at the Faculty of Law at the University of Lund; apply by 3 April 2013.
Lettres Actualités Droits-Libertés (Centre de Recherches et d’Etudes sur les Droits Fondamentaux) [access]
- Browse back issues of these legal analyses to locate a number that focus on asylum and refugee issues; examples of "Letters" published so far in 2013 include: "Consécration du visa de transit aéroportuaire (VTA) comme instrument de police de mise à distance des demandes d’asile"; "Droit d’asile: Le Conseil d’Etat aux prises avec les mutilations génitales féminines"; and "État des lieux alarmant des conditions d’accueil des demandeurs d’asile en France."
New Network Monitors Abuses of Deportees (IRIN, March 2013) [text]
- Discusses the Fahamu Refugee Programme's Post-Deportation Monitoring Network.
A Numbers Game: Counting Refugees and International Burden-Sharing, Tasmania, 19 Dec. 2012 [text]
- Public lecture.
Oral Update on the High Commissioner’s 2012 Dialogue
on Protection Challenges: Faith and Protection, 56th Meeting of the Standing Committee, 5-7 March 2013 [text]
- See also related presentation.
Refuge, vol. 28, no. 2 (2013) [open access text]
- Special issue on "Is the 1951 Refugee Convention Outdated?"; includes three feature articles on refugee camps, urban refugee livelihoods, and protection in Ireland, respectively. These are followed by three focused sections on asylum policy in Canada, protection in South Africa, and CARFMS 2012 conference presentations.
Refuge from Inhumanity: Enriching Refugee Protection Standards through Recourse to International Humanitarian Law, Oxford, 11-12 Feb. 2013 [info]
- A podcast is available for "Panel VII: Perspectives on Protection against Refoulement under IHL."
Refugee Protection Seminar Series, Oxford, 16 Jan.-6 March 2013 [info]
- Podcasts of the various presentations are available on FMO.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.