Events & opportunities:
"Towards a Global Migration Governance Framework," Annual Jean-Gabriel Castel Conference, Toronto, 28 March 2013 [info]
- Features François Crépeau, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants.
CFP: Interdisciplinary Workshop on "The Marketization of Migration Management," Istanbul, 20-21 June 2013 [info]
- Abstract deadline is 15 April 2013.
The Human Rights, Migration and Globalization Summer School 2013, Galway, Ireland, 8-12 July 2013 [info]
- Registration deadline is 31 May 2013.
"Collapsing Societies and Forced Migration," Forced Migration Review 25th Anniversary Collection (March 2013) [text]
- "Looking through a displacement lens at environmental, technological, anthropological, political and other factors
affecting societies now and in the past provides food for thought both on how we interpret the past and on how
we envisage the future."
Conceptualizing 'Crisis Migration' (SSRN, March 2013) [text]
- "...Does framing different types of migration as 'crisis migration' – for example, movement spurred by natural disasters, civil war, the impacts of climate change, or nuclear and industrial accidents – help to illuminate the nature of such movement and the kinds of policy responses required to address it? Or is this just another term for 'forced migration'?...
Global Hearing on Refugees and Migration, The Hague, 4-5 June 2012 [text]
- Discussions focused on five key themes: "the impact of future demographic changes related to labour migration and refugees; political and social changes; the impact of the global economy; the urbanization of displaced people; and the impact of environmental and climate change on human mobility."
"Measures to Ensure Respect for and Protection of the Human Rights of all Migrants, with Particular Reference to Women and Children, as well as to Prevent and Combat Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons, and to Ensure Regular, Orderly, and Safe Migration," Roundtable 2: 2013 High-Level Dialogue on International Migration and Development Series, New York, 20 Feb. 2013 [access]
- Follow link for agenda, background info., summary report, and video.
Migrants in Times of Crisis: An Emerging Protection Challenge (International Peace Institute, Feb. 2013) [text]
- Meeting note for "Migrants in Times of Crisis: An Emerging Protection Challenge," New York, 9 Oct. 2012.
*More Migration & More Mixed? Trends to Watch in 2013 (Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat, Feb. 2013) [text]
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.