XV. Humanitarian Congress Berlin, 25-27 October 2013 [info]
- Online registration is now open! Theme is "No Access! Who Cares? How to Reach People in Need"; includes a panel on "Refugees and IDPs in Dadaab: The Never Ending Emergency."
World Conference on Humanitarian Studies, Istanbul, 24-27 October 2013 [info]
- Registration is ongoing; theme is "Human Security: Humanitarian Perspectives and Responses."
Current Humanitarian Challenges - Two Perspectives: Switzerland and the ICRC, New York, 15 October 2013 [info]
AidEx 2013, Brussels, 13-14 November 2013 [info]
- Free event, but registration required.
The Global Space of Aid, Presentation at "Movements & Exchanges in an Unequal World: ICS at 40," Durham, NC, 28 Feb.-1 March 2013 [access]
- See abstract under "Humanitarianism and Development"; follow link above for video.
Localising the Humanitarian Toolkit: Lessons from Recent Philippines Disasters (AADMER Partnership Group & Save the Children, Aug. 2013) [text via PreventionWeb]
A Networked Response? Exploring National Humanitarian Networks in Asia (ALNAP, Sept. 2013) [text via ReliefWeb]
*Safe Access to Firewood and Alternative Energy in Humanitarian Settings (FAO, Oct. 2013) [text via ReliefWeb]
MSF Speaking Out [access]
- Provides access to "a series of studies from Médecins Sans Frontières that openly examine and analyse the organisation’s actions and decision-making process during humanitarian emergencies that have led it to speak out." Currently features a case study on Somalia; reference materials, a map and timeline, and videos are included. A report on Ethiopia is expected next month, while analyses of Chechnya, Kosovar Albanians, North Korea, and Rwanda will be made available in 2014.
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.