Access to Nationality and the Effective Implementation of the
European Convention on Nationality (PACE, Oct. 2013) [text]
Case Watch: UK Supreme Court Delivers Victory against Statelessness in Al-Jedda Case (Open Society Justice Initiative, Oct. 2013) [text]
- The text of the judgment is available here.
Dominican Republic: How Statelessness Threatens Women and Families (Open Society Justice Initiative, Oct. 2013) [text]
IACHR Expresses Deep Concern Over Ruling by the Constitutional Court of the Dominican Republic (OAS, Oct. 2013) [text]
"'Imagine There's No Country': Statelessness as Persecution in Light of Haile II," Buffalo Law Review, vol. 61, no. 3 (2013) [full-text]
Statelessness, Human Rights and Development: It's Time to Connect the Dots (ENS Blog, Oct. 2013) [text]
Photo Competition: (my) nationality [info]
- Competition held to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the UDHR. Deadline for submissions is 5 December 2013.
A Time for Action: ENS Launches Campaign to Protect Stateless Persons in Europe [info]
- Year-long campaign launched on the anniversary of Hannah Arendt's birthday. Aim is to promote the accession by EU States to the 1954 Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons and the development of functioning statelessness determination procedures.
The Statelessness Programme blog has been posting interviews with the various winners of the UNHCR Statelessness Research award. Read more about:
- Amanda Cheong, author of "Changing Conceptions of Citizenship Among Stateless Chinese-Bruneian Immigrants in Vancouver"
- Lindsey Kingston, author of "Legal Invisibility: Statelessness and Issue (Non) Emergence"
- Caroline McInerney, author of "Citizenship Laws of Madagascar: Future Challenges for a Developing Nation"
- Eva Mrekajová, author of "Naturalization of Stateless Persons"
[Image credit: Wikipedia]
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.