Upcoming events & opportunities:
Call for presentations: 28th ALNAP Meeting on Evidence and Knowledge in Humanitarian Action, Washington, DC, March 2013 [info]
- Submit an abstract by 16 November 2012.
Global Humanitarian Technology Conference, Seattle, 21-24 October 2012 [info]
- "Technology for the benefit of humanity"; registration is ongoing.
Can Evidence Save Lives? Perspectives from Humanitarian Actors, New York, 19 July 2012 [info]
- See the concept note and background paper for this event.
IASC Real Time Evaluation (IASC RTE) of the Humanitarian Response to the Horn of Africa Drought Crisis 2011: Regional Mechanisms and Support during the Response (Inter-Agency Standing Committee, June 2012) [text via ReliefWeb]
- See also synthesis report.
Mainstreaming GBV - Drought, Famine, and Displacement in Somalia: Considerations for Emergency Humanitarian Response (Protection Cluster, Aug. 2011) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Staff Care and Humanitarian Aid Organizations: A Moral Obligation," The Applied Anthropologist, vol. 31, no. 2 (2011) [full-text]
- Scroll to p. 49.
Towards More Coordination of Aid in the Gulf (IRIN, Sept. 2012) [text]
- A humanitarian social network; read "AidSourcery 101: Getting the most out of your AidSource experience" to help you get started.
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.