Centre for Migration and Diaspora Studies, London, 10 October - 12 December 2012 [info]
- The first seminar will focus on "The Figure of the Trafficked Victim: gender, rights and representation."
Centre on Migration, Policy and Society, Oxford, 11 October - 29 November 2012 [info]
- The theme of this series is "Migration Journeys." The first lecture will focus on "Researching migrant journeys: conceptual and methodological challenges."
CERIS Ontario Metropolis Centre & Centre for Refugee Studies, Toronto, 19 September - 28 November 2012 [info]
- The first seminar in October will focus on "“The Commonwealth Response in Times of Crisis."
Refugee Law Initiative, London
- Two series are scheduled, one on "International Refugee Law" (Oct. 2012-May 2013) and the other on "Refugee Protection and Psychology" (Nov. 2012-Feb. 2013). Seminars are free and open to the public, but booking is required.
Refugee Law Initiative & Centre for Refugee Studies, October 2012 - March 2013 [info]
- The theme of this series is "The Challenge of Change: Confronting Asylum Law and Practice in the UK and Canada." Seminars will be conducted via video link. While the complete programme is not yet available, the first two will focus on "Whither Refugee Protection in the Reform of Canadian and British Asylum Systems?" (17 Oct.) and "Fast Track Asylum Processes: UK and Canadian Perspectives" (14 Nov.), respectively.
Refugee Studies Centre, Oxford, 10 October - 28 November 2012 [info]
- The theme for this series is "Forced Migration and Citizenship." The first presentation will be on "Deportation, crime and the changing character of membership in the United Kingdom."
Tufts University, Medford, MA, USA [info]
- Seminar series on "Exploring the History of Humanitarianism and Development"; currently, details on two are available: "Human Rights and Human Suffering: Armenian Genocide Refugees and the Practices of Interwar Humanitarianism" (27 Sept.) and "The Hungry World: America's Cold War Battle against Hunger in Asia" (25 Oct.). I will post more info. when the schedule is finalized.
If you know of any other series scheduled this fall, please let me know!
Tagged Events & Opportunities.