- Panel consists of two for and two against.
Asylum Forum, Auckland, 7 May 2014 [info]
- "An annual event specifically for asylum seekers and convention refugees, and for those who work with them. It is co-ordinated by government and non-government sectors to provide an opportunity for information sharing and discussion between government and non-government organisations, and the wider community."
The Asylum-seeker Plan that Keeps Disappearing over the Horizon (Inside Story, April 2014) [text]
"Asylum Seeker Resettlement Deals 'Not Just about Safety': UNHCR," Sydney Morning Herald, 24 April 2014 [text]
Asylum Seekers: We Can't Ignore our International Law Obligations (The Conversation, April 2014) [text]
Australia and Cambodia Should Scrap Asylum Seeker Deal (Amnesty International, May 2014) [text]
"Illegal Maritime Arrival Costs," Chapter in Towards Responsible Government: Report of the National Commission of Audit, Appendix, vol. 2 (Australian Government, 2014) [text]
- See also related Kaldor Centre factsheet.
"Incident at the Manus Island Detention Centre from 16 February to 18 February 2014," Inquiry of the Senate Standing Committee's Legal and Constitutional Affairs References Committee [access]
- Follow link to access submissions to the inquiry, which were due 2 May 2014. See also the Kaldor Centre's submission.
"The Leaked Nauru Resettlement Document – in Full," The Guardian, 27 April 2014 [access]
Nauru's Refusal of Access to Detention Centre Another Attempt to Hide Conditions (Amnesty International, April 2014) [text]
Thought Leaders Playlist (Kaldor Centre) [access]
- "The Thought Leaders Playlist contains 10 videos which are designed to go behind the headlines, explain the facts and provide expert leadership on critical and very current issues. ... Topics covered in this video series include Australia's treatment of refugees, our Anti-terror laws and Indigenous constitutional recognition.
We encourage media, schools and the general public to view and use these videos."
- Regional Focus: Asia Pacific (17 April 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.