UNHCR Award for Statelessness Research [info]
- Note: The deadline for nominations has been *extended* to 15 May 2014.
Ibrahim’s Story: Hope for How a Stateless Person can Start a New Life in Slovakia Thanks to Legislative Changes (ENS Blog, April 2014) [text]
Left Behind: How Statelessness in the Dominican Republic Limits Children's Access to Education (Georgetown Law, April 2014) [text]
Locked Up Abroad after the Creation of an Independent South Sudan (Statelessness Programme Blog, April 2014) [text]
"Mini-feature: Statelessness," Forced Migration Review, no. 46 (May 2014) [access]
- To access the articles, scroll to the bottom of the contents list. This PDF describes what's included.
Questions of Nationality and Statelessness in Armenia (ENS Blog, April 2014) [text]
"The Rejected Biharis," Hydra: Interdisciplinary Journal of Social Studies, vol. 1, no. 2 (2013) [open access]
"Right to Nationality and Non-discrimination," Section in Chapter IV, "Development of Human Rights in the Region," in Annual Report of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (OAS, April 2014) [text]
- Scroll to p. 374 for lengthy discussion of the impact of the ruling of the Dominican Republic's Constitutional Court.
"Stateless in Afghanistan," Forced Migration Review, no. 46 (May 2014) [full-text]
Statelessness and the Bahamas: A Panel Discussion, Nassau, 10 April 2014 [info]
- See this Political Bahamas blog post for a brief summary of the event.
Statelessness Update (UNHCR Lebanon, March 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
- Regional Focus: United Kingdom, incl. Statelessness (7 May 2014)
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness (9 April 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.