Journal on Education in Emergencies [info]
- Contributions sought for inaugural issue of this new journal; submission deadline is 15 July 2014.
Act to Protect: Guidance Note on Attacks against Schools and Hospitals (Special Representative of the Secretary-General
for Children and Armed Conflict, May 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Adult Refugee Learners with Limited Literacy: Needs and Effective Responses," Refuge, vol. 30, no. 1 (2014) [open access]
Celebrating 10 Years of the INEE Minimum Standards (INEE, 2014) [access]
- Follow link for series of blog post reflections.
Hear It from the Children: Why Education in Emergencies is Critical (NRC & Save the Children, May 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
A Lost Generation? Education Opportunities for Syrian Refugee Children in Lebanon, Oxford, 19 May 2014 [access]
- Follow link for podcast.
Meeting the Learning Needs of Refugees and Migrants in Tertiary Blended ESOL Courses, Unitec ePress Occasional and Discussion Paper, no. 2 (Unitec ePress, 2014) [text]
MOOCs in Fragile Contexts, Presentation at European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit, Lausanne, 10-12 Feb. 2014 [text]
- Scroll to p. 114. Note: MOOCS = Massive Open Online Courses.
Reading in the Mobile Era (UNESCO, April 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
A Ready-Made Library for Humanitarian Crisis Victims (PSFK, April 2014) [text]
- See also Libraries without Borders for more information.
- Thematic Focus: Education (14 April 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.