Events & opportunities:
Workshop on International Refugee Law, Tunis, 20-21 October 2014 [info]
- This is a pre-IARLJ World Conference training session; "the aim of the workshop is to provide Tunisian judges and other
relevant public officials with training on the principles of
international and EU refugee law, in particular the Geneva
Convention and the EU Directives on qualifications and procedures. ..."
Displacement and Integration in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan: A Century Later, Oxford, 5 November 2014 [info]
- Annual Harrell-Bond lecture.
Palestine Refugees and International Law, Amman, 6-7 March 2015 & Beirut, 13-14 March 2015 [info]
- No application deadline is indicated; each session is limited to 25 participants.
Bringing Back the Palestinian Refugee Question, Middle East Report, no. 156 (International Crisis Group, Oct. 2014) [text via Refworld]
"An Essay on the Causes and Factors of the Unresolved Palestinian
Refugee Problem: A View from an UNRWA Commissioner General,” Chapter 1 in Still Waiting for Tomorrow: The Law and Politics of Unresolved Refugee Crises (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014) [text via SSRN]
Immigration Detention in Egypt (Global Detention Project, Oct. 2014) [text]
Investing in the Future: Protecting Refugee Children - MENA, Sharjah, UAE, 15-16 Oct. 2014 [info]
- See also related UNHCR news story and press release. A set of principles on the protection of refugee children will be issued at the end of the conference.
Iraq Internal Displacement Crisis: Area of Origin Assessment Report (Shelter Cluster & REACH, Oct. 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
Obfuscation & Evasion: Discouraging Migrants & Asylum Seekers Globally (Regional MMS, Oct. 2014) [text]
- Focuses on Israel.
Second Strike and You are (Finally) Out? The Quashing of the Prevention of Infiltration Law (Amendment No. 4) (Interest Group on Migration and Refugee Law, Sept. 2014) [text]
- Regional Focus: MENA (25 Sept. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.