Jeff Crisp, Senior Director for Policy and Advocacy at Refugees International, will shortly be relocating from Washington, DC to Oxford, UK, where he will continue to work on refugee-related issues as well as provide occasional book reviews and other contributions to this blog. Jeff will retain his RI email address, jeff [at] refugeesinternational [dot] org, and can also be contacted at jefferyfcrisp [at] gmail [dot] com.
Exodus (MSF, Dec. 2014) [access]
- Web documentary on large population movements in the 21st century.
"From Helsinki to Human Rights Watch: How an American Cold War Monitoring Group Became an International Human Rights Institution," Humanity Journal, vol. 5, no. 3 (Winter 2014) [free full-text]
Mid-Year Trends 2014 (UNHCR, Jan. 2015) [access]
- "Taking into account existing displaced populations, data revisions, voluntary returns and resettlement, the number of people being helped by UNHCR stood at 46.3 million as of mid-2014 – some 3.4 million more than at the end of 2013 and a record high."
Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Questions relating to Refugees, Returnees and Displaced Persons and Humanitarian Questions: Report of the 3rd Committee, UN Doc. No. A/69/482 (UN General Assembly, Dec. 2014) [text via Refworld]
Rescue at Sea: A Guide to Principles and Practice as Applied to Refugees and Migrants (International Maritime Organization, UN High Commissioner for Refugees & International Chamber of Shipping, Jan. 2015 [text]
Ten Years after Humanitarian Reform: How Have Internally Displaced Persons Fared? (Brookings-LSE Project on Internal Displacement, Dec. 2014) [text]
- See also related UpFront blog post.
[Webinars on Urban Refugees] (Urban Refugee Task Team) [access]
- Several new webinars are available; scroll through the list to locate.
- Thematic Focus: General (18 Dec. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.