Events & opportunities:
Courses: Certificate in International Migration Studies, Georgetown University [info]
- Enrollment is open for Spring 2015.
CFP: Migration on the Margins: Exploring Constructions of the 'Illegitimate Migrant', Oxford, 15-16 May 2015 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 February 2015.
CFP: De-mythifing Forced Migration: Place, Temporariness and Access in an Era of (Im)Mobility, 10th Annual Centre for Refugee Studies (CRS) Student Caucus Conference, Toronto, 1-2 May 2015 [info]
- Abstract submission deadline is 27 February 2015.
CFP: Reframing the Migration Debate, 1st Postgraduate Workshop on Migration, Sheffield, UK, 11 June 2015 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 March 2015.
CFP: Producing Knowledge on Migration: Methodology, Epistemology, Ethics, Paris, 28-29 May 2015 [info]
- Submit proposals by 15 April 2015.
"Deciphering Deportation Practices across the Global North," Chapter 10 in The Routledge Handbook on Crime and International Migration (Routledge, Sept. 2014) [eprint via SSRN]
The Field of Migration Studies Loses a Giant: Graeme Hugo (Migration Policy Institute, Jan. 2015) [text]
- Note: References to Prof. Hugo's research and scholarship can be found in the University of Adelaide's institutional repository.
"The International Refugee Regime: A Failing System," Ramapo Journal of Law & Society, vol. 1, no. 2 (Fall 2014) [full-text]
Migrants in Crisis Situations, New York, 16 Jan. 2015 [agenda] [background paper]
- Watch the panel discussion on video.
- Note: This article is part of a series of papers that provide "topical analysis on specific protection gaps and recommendations to strengthen and reform the US system of refugee protection."
Refugees and the Roman Empire, Oxford, 21 Jan. 2015 [access]
- Follow link for podcast.
- Thematic Focus: General (13 Jan. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.