(Note: I am re-circulating this post in light of two new additions; please see below for more info.)
Offshore Refugee and Humanitarian Visas: Creating a Simpler Framework (Australian Dept. of Immigration & Border Protection, Jan. 2015) [access]
- Comments sought on a/m discussion paper; submit them by 16 February 2015.
Abbott’s Gambit: The 2013 Australian Federal Election (ANU Press, 2015) [text]
- See esp. Chapter 19, “Ethnic Voting and Asylum Issues,” but other chapters touch on asylum issues as well.
"Australia," World Report 2015 (Human Rights Watch, Jan.2015) [text]
Australian and PNG Authorities Must Respect Asylum Seekers’ Right to Protest (Amnesty International, Jan. 2015) [text]
The High Court of Australia’s Decision on 157 Tamil Asylum Seekers Detained at Sea (Kaldor Centre, Jan. 2015) [access]
- Follow link for full judgment, case note and summary.
Migration, Australia 2013-14 (Australian Bureau of Statistics, Jan. 2015) [access]
- "This release brings together statistics on international migration into and out of Australia, internal migration within Australia between states and territories and information on overseas-born residents of Australia."
"Not all Negative: Macro Justice Principles Predict Positive Attitudes towards Asylum Seekers in Australia," Australian Journal of Psychology, Early View, 22 Jan. 2015 [full-text via ResearchGate]
*Refugee Resettlement to Australia: What are the Facts? (Parliamentary Library of Australia, Feb. 2015) [text via APO]
*UNHCR Legal Position: Despite Court Ruling on Sri Lankans Detained at Sea, Australia Bound by International Obligations (UNHCR, Feb. 2015) [text]
- Regional Focus: Australia (15 Jan. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.