Events & opportunities:
Course: Fundamental Elements for Identification and Protection of Stateless Persons and Prevention and Reduction of Statelessness in the Americas, Washington, DC, 12 February 2015 [info]
- Registration is open.
CFP: None of Europe's Children Should be Stateless, Budapest, 2-3 June 2015 [info]
- Submit proposals by 15 February 2015.
Meeting: Regional Ministerial-level Conference on Statelessness in West Africa, Abidjan, 23-25 February 2015 [info]
- Follow link for a concept note which also includes agenda information.
"Adopting the Stateless," Brooklyn Journal of International Law, vol. 39, no. 2 (2014) [full-text]
- Scroll to p. 695. Note: A preprint of this article was referenced in an earlier post.
The Campaign to End Statelessness: Update (UNHCR, Jan. 2015) [text]
Citizenship, Statelessness and the Numbers Game in Lebanon (SSRN, Dec. 2014) [text]
Dominican Republic: No More Hope for Tens of Thousands Stateless and at Risk of Expulsion if Residence Deadline Expires (Amnesty International, Feb. 2015) [text]
Mapping Statelessness in Iceland (UNHCR, Dec. 2014) [text]
Position Paper with Recommendations on the Eradication of Statelessness in Europe (European Network of National Human Rights Institutions, Sept. 2014) [text]
- See also related blog post.
The Right to Nationality in Africa (African Commission on Human an Peoples' Rights, May 2014) [text via Refworld]
- See also related press release and remarks by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees at the official launch of the report.
Statelessness Bulletin, no. 1 (Jan. 2015) [full-text]
- From the Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion.
Strategically Litigating Statelessness: ENS’s Three-year Strategy (ENS Blog, Feb. 2015) [text]
What (More) Can the EU Do to Help Address Statelessness in its External Human Rights Action? (ENS Blog, Jan. 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness & Nationality (19 Dec. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.