Seminar: The Forgotten Children: Australia’s Treatment of Asylum Seeker and Refugee Children on the Mainland and Offshore, Sydney, 23 April 2015 [info]
Job: Research Assistant, University of Exeter [info]
- Three-month opportunity interviewing asylum seekers and refugees about their asylum appeal hearing experiences in the UK. Application deadline is 23 April 2015.
Courses: CMRS Summer Short Courses, American University of Cairo, 24 May- 11 June 2015 [info]
- Three courses are on offer: 1) Displaced by Armed Conflict: Protection under International Law (24-28 May 2015); 2) International Refugee Law (31 May 31-4 June 2015); 3) Diaspora and Transnationalism (7-11 June 2015). The application deadline for all courses is 24 April 2015.
Job: Canada Research Chair in Migration & Mobility in the Digital Age, York University [info]
- Application deadline is 28 April 2015.
Seminar: Understanding Global Refugee Policy: The Case of Naturalization in Tanzania, Oxford, 29 April 2015 [info]
- First seminar in RSC Trinity Term Seminar Series on Global Refugee Policy.
Presentation: Global Challenges to Refugee Protection: Lessons from the Middle East and Europe, Sydney, 30 April 2015 [info]
Course: International Summer School in Forced Migration, Oxford, 6-24 July 2015 [info]
- Application deadline is 1 May 2015.
Conference: None of Europe's Children Should be Stateless, Budapest, 2-3 June 2015 [info]
- Deadline for registration is 1 May 2015.
Award: 2016 Ockenden Prize [info]
- Call for entries opens 2 May 2015.
Seminar: The Extraterritorial Application of the Non-refoulement Obligation in International Human Rights Law, London, 5 May 2015 [info]
Seminars: RSC Trinity Term Seminar Series on Global Refugee Policy, Oxford [info]
- Four seminars on offer in May: 1) Better late than never? The evolution and implementation of UNHCR's urban refugee policy (6 May 2015); 2) Ethnographic understandings of global refugee policy: looking at policy in practice (13 May 2015); UNHCR’s protection guidelines: what role for external voices? (20 May 2015); 4) Global policy for IDPs: a parallel process? (27 May 2015).
Conference: Humanitarian Technology: Science, Systems and Global Impact, Boston, 12-14 May 2015 [info]
- Registration deadline is 11 May 2015.
CFP: Refuge [info]
- Articles sought for special issue "to showcase research by York faculty members working on a variety of migration issues in different contexts from a wide range of disciplines." Submission deadline is 15 May 2015.
CFP: Forced Migration Review [info]
- Articles sought for issue on "Dayton + 20: The Balkans Twenty Years on from the Dayton Agreement." Submission deadline is 18 May 2015.
CFP: Asylum, Migration, Integration Fund, European Commission [info]
- Proposals sought for Asylum Action Grants. Submission deadline is 20 May 2015.
- Thematic Focus: Durable Solutions (lists funding opportunities)
- Events & Opportunities: Last Minute March/More April 2015
Tagged Events & Opportunities.