Diagnóstico Caracterización de la Población Hondureña Retornada con Necesidades de Protección (UNHCR, April 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
"A Dry Hate: White Supremacy and Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric in the Humanitarian Crisis on the U.S.-Mexico Border," West Virginia Law Review, vol. 117, no. 3 (Forthcoming 2015) [full-text via SSRN]
"Eroding the Law and Diverting Taxpayer Resources: An Examination of the Administration's Central American Minors Refugee/Parole Program," Hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, Washington, DC, 23 April 2015 [info]
- Follow link for video and witness testimony. For background on this program, see this factsheet from the State Department.
"From the Cartagena Declaration to the Brazil Plan of Action: The New Frontiers of Protection in the Americas," 59th Lecture of the Americas, Washington, DC, 22 April 2015 [text]
- For access to a video and photos of the lecture, see this related OAS press release. For citation purposes, please note that there is a discrepancy between UNHCR and the OAS in terms of the number of this lecture, i.e., 57 or 59.
*"Migration, Border Externalization and Access to Humanitarian Protection," Tenth Annual Georgetown Law Human Rights Institute Samuel Dash Conference on Human Rights, Washington, DC, 13 April 2015 [info]
- Video of the event is available here.
*Poll: Americans Overwhelmingly Support Asylum Reform to Protect Refugees (Human Rights First Blog, March 2015) [text]
Fortieth Anniversary of the Indochinese Refugee Movement to Canada (Canadian Immigration Historical Society) [access]
- This site provides access to historical documents, statistics, photos and links. It also features a special issue of the CIHS Bulletin which marks the 40th anniversary with background and remembrances. Finally, information is provided about a book in production tentatively entitled "Running on Empty: The Canada Employment and Immigration Commission
and the Indochinese Refugee Movement 1975-1980."
- Regional Focus: Americas (13 April 2015)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.