The Third International Humanitarian Pledging Conference for Syria was held in Kuwait City on 31 March 2015. Follow this link for the concept note and agenda, as well as the most recent funding plans. See also remarks by UNHCR (and related press release), OCHA and the UN Secretary-General.
At the end of the meeting, OCHA announced that donors had pledged $3.8 billion to assist both Syrians who have been internally displaced and Syrian refugees hosted in the region.
Additional items include:
- Donors Asked to Dig Deep for Syria (IRIN, March 2015) [text]
- Moving Beyond Emergency Assistance for Syrian Refugees (RI Blog, March 2015) [text]
- Syria Pledging Conference: Three Key Trends (IRIN, April 2015) [text]
2014 Syria Regional Response Plan (RRP6): Annual Report (UNHCR et al., March 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
The Impact of the Syrian Crisis on Neighboring Countries, Beirut, 2 March 2015 [info]
- Read a summery of the panel discussion (in English or Arabic), listen to the audio, or view the video.
Syria and the Responsibility to Protect Refugees, Beirut, 19 March 2015 [info]
- Read a summary of the lecture, listen to the audio, or view the video.
Syria Crisis Fair Share Analysis 2015 (Oxfam, March 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
- See also related IRIN donor map.
Technical Guidelines: Increased Awareness about Housing, Land & Property Rights (UNHCR, March 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
See also this recent post on education, which includes several references relating to the situation for Syrians.
- Regional Focus: MENA, incl. Syria (23 March 2015)