Europe's Migrant Crisis: What Can be Done?, London, 30 April 2015 [info]
- This event will also be livestreamed.
Are Human Rights Hurting Migrants at Sea? (EJIL Talk Blog, April 2015) [text]
*Drowned Europe, Policy Brief, no. 2015/05 (Migration Policy Centre, April 2015) [text]
ECRE’s 10-point Plan to Prevent Deaths at Sea (ECRE, April 2015) [text]
EU: Mixed Messages on Boat Migration (Human Rights Watch, April 2015) [text]
Europe's Sinking Shame: The Failure to Save Refugees and Migrants at Sea (Amnesty International, April 2015) [text]
*Joint Statement on Protection in the Mediterranean in Light of the EU Council's Decision of 23 April 2015 (UNHCR et al., April 2015) [text]
- See also earlier joint statement issued by the same group. The text of the EU Council decision is provided below.
*Legal Routes No Easy Fix to EU Migration Crisis (IRIN, April 2015) [text]
Let Their People Drown: How EU Politicians Have Become Tragic Actors in a Self-inflicted Migration Drama (Hein de Haas Blog, April 2015) [text]
MSF and MOAS – Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions (MSF, April 2015) [text]
- See also related History & Humanitarianism blog post.
Q&A: What is Being Done to Stem Migrant Crossings in the Mediterranean? (The Conversation, April 2015) [text]
Special Meeting of the European Council (European Commission, April 2015) [text]
- See also related IRIN news story.
Ten Point Action Plan on Migration (European Commission, April 2015) [text]
UNHCR Calls for a European-wide Protection Response to the Tragedies in the Mediterranean (UNHCR, April 2015) [text]
For additional commentaries and reactions, see the following collections:
- The Dead Sea: Collection of Tweets, Articles, Maps and Figures on the Migration Crisis in the Mediterranean (Postcards from... Blog, April 2015) [access]
- The EU’s Migration Challenge [What Think Tanks are Thinking] (EPRS, April 2015) [access]
- Regional Focus: Europe (17 April 2015)
- Thematic Focus: Protection at Sea (12 March 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.