FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Urban Refugees in South Africa [info]
- Proposal submission deadline is 8 May 2015.
Cessation of the International Protection of Angolan Refugees in South Africa (SIHMA, April 2015) [text]
- See also related policy brief.
Displacement and Housing, Land and Property Rights in the Central African Republic (NRC & UNHCR, Dec. 2014) [text]
- See also related news release.
Housing, Land and Property in Somalia: Persons of Concern in Somaliland and South-Central Somalia (NRC & IDMC, Oct. 2014) [text via Refworld]
A Long Wait for Home: How Ebola Kept Refugees Stuck in Liberia (IRIN, March 2015) [text]
"Political Battles on Women’s Bodies: Post-election Conflicts and Violence against Women in Internally Displaced Persons Camps in Kenya," Societies without Borders: Human Rights & the Social Sciences, vol. 9, no. 1 (2014) [open access]
Report on Rapid Assessment of Sudanese Refugee Influx into Northern Uganda, Rapid Assessment Briefing Paper, no. 2 (Refugee Law Project, March 2015) [text]
Rewarding Repression: EC Proposed Aid to Eritrea (EEPA, April 2015) [text]
- Note: This news release provides an update on the continuing fallout from the controversy (for background, see here and here) surrounding a discredited Danish Immigration Service report on Eritrea. In addition, here are links to two recent UK Home Office reports on Eritrea (one on "Illegal Exit" and the other on "National/Military Service") that were recently critiqued by Prof. Gaim Kibreab.
Somalia: Over a Million IDPs Need Support for Local Solutions (IDMC, March 2015) [text]
*UNHCR Statement on the Future of Kenya's Dadaab Refugee Camps (UNHCR, April 2015) [text]
- Regional Focus: Africa (16 March 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.