Lecture: Policy and Research Implications of the Recommendations from the National Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention, Melbourne, 15 April 2015 [info]
Campaign to End Immigration Detention of Children, Strasbourg, 20 April 2015 [info]
- Register by 15 April 2015.
Faith and Bar Leaders Call for End to Detention and Deterrence Policies for Families Seeking Asylum (Human Rights First, April 2015) [text]
Israel to Indefinitely Imprison Asylum Seekers who Refuse Deportation (+972, March 2015) [text]
Libya's Migrant Jails (VICE News, March 2015) [access]
- Follow link for three-part series on African and Middle Eastern migrants who travel to Libya to attempt a Mediterranean crossing but who often end up in detention and prison facilities instead.
Reception and Detention Conditions of Applicants for International Protection in Light of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU (ECRE, March 2015) [text]
The Report of the Inquiry into the Use of Immigration Detention in the United Kingdom: A Joint Inquiry by the All Party
Parliamentary Group on Refugees & the
All Party Parliamentary Group on Migration (March 2015) [text]
- See also related press release, openDemocracy comment, IRIN news story, and UNHCR press release.
Report of the Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment,
Juan E. Méndez, UN Doc. No. A/HRC/28/68 (UN General Assembly, March 2015) [text]
- Note: This report focuses on "children deprived of their liberty." See also a related video introduction to the report.
- Thematic Focus: Detention (26 Feb. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.