Events & opportunities:
CFP: Undesirable and Unreturnable? Policy Challenges around Excluded Asylum-seekers and Other Migrants Suspected of Serious Criminality
but Who Cannot be Removed, London, 25-26 January 2016 [info]
- See also documents from this project's preliminary workshop below. Submit abstracts by 5 October 2015.
Seminars: 6th International Refugee Law Seminar Series, London, Oct. 2015-Jan. 2016 [info]
- The first seminar, "Access to Protection in the EU," will be held 23 October 2015.
Boat Turn-backs in Australia, the United States and Italy: Parliamentary Interference, Judicial Interpretation and Regional Regulation (Asylum Insight, Aug. 2015) [text]
"A Fragmented Landscape of Protection," Forced Migration Review, no. 50 (Sept. 2015) [open access]
High Commissioner’s Dialogue on Protection Challenges, Geneva, 16-17 December 2015 [info]
- This year's theme is "Understanding and Addressing Root Causes of Displacement." Here is a preliminary concept paper.
"Inconsistency in Asylum Appeal Adjudication," Forced Migration Review, no. 50 (Sept. 2015) [open access]
"Military Service Evasion as Grounds for Refugee Status: The Case of Syria," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 62 (Sept. 2015) [full-text]
"The Obligations of the State of Origin of Refugees: An Appraisal of a Traditionally Neglected Issue," Connecticut Journal of International Law, vol 30, no. 2 (2015) [access]
Undesirable and Unreturnable? Policy Challenges around Excluded Asylum Seekers and Other Migrants Suspected of Serious Criminality but Who Cannot be Removed, Amsterdam, 27 March 2015 [info]
- Follow link to access individual papers and a workshop report.
What is “Persecution”? (The Asylumist Blog, Aug. 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (5 Aug. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.