RSC Seminar Series on "Refugee Economies" [info]
- Seminars run from October-December 2015; the first will be held 21 Oct. 2015 on "Refugee Economies: Forced Displacement and Development."
The Art of Self-reliance: Stories from the Refugees Who Stay (openDemocracy, Aug. 2015) [text]
"Back to Square One: Socioeconomic Integration of Deported Migrants," International Migration Review, Early View, 18 Aug. 2015 [abstract]
- See also earlier working paper.
From Refugee Crisis to Local Economic Development (UNDP Blog, Aug. 2015) [text]
Humanitarian Migrants the Most Entrepreneurial: ABS Report (Australian Bureau of Statistics, Sept. 2015) [text]
- Here is the text of the report that is referenced in this media release.
The Impact of Syrians Refugees on the Turkish Labor Market, Policy Research Working Paper, no. 7402 (World Bank, Aug. 2015) [text via SSRN]
Migrant Dream Realized: Coming Home to Africa, with Money (Bloomberg, Sept. 2015) [text]
"Recovery from Internal Displacement in Northern Uganda," World Development, vol. 76 (Dec. 2015) [abstract]
- See also eprint via SSRN.
"The Right of Asylum Seekers and Refugees in South Africa to Self-employment: A Comment on Somali Association of South Africa v Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism," South African Journal on Human Rights, vol. 31, no. 2 (2015) [full-text]
"Why Welcoming More Refugees Makes Economic Sense for Europe," New Scientist, 9 Sept. 2015 [text]
- Thematic Focus: Work/Economic Aspects (31 July 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.