Event & opportunity:
Annual Tripartite Consultations on Refugee Resettlement, Geneva, 13-15 June 2016 [info]
CFP: Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology
- Contributions sought for issue on "Refugee Integration." Submit abstracts by 1 August 2016.
"Bosnian 'Returnee Voices' Communicating Experiences of Successful Reintegration: The Social Capital and Sustainable Return Nexus in Bosnia and Herzegovina," Südosteuropa, vol. 64, no. 1 (April 2016) [free full-text]
*"Bring Me Your Huddled Masses," The Economist, 28 May 2016 [text]
- "It worked for the Indochinese. Why not the Syrians?"
Commission Adopts Third Report on Relocation and Resettlement: EU Member States Must Act to Sustain Current Management of Flows (European Commission, May 2016) [access]
- Follow link for report, factsheet and annexes.
Policy Options (May 2016) [full-text]
- Includes special feature on "Refugee Integration." Follow link for list of articles.
Private Refugee Resettlement in U.S. History: America’s Private Sector Has Shown It Can Support Refugees (Niskanen Center, April 2016) [text]
Time for Europe to Get Migrant Integration Right (Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights, May 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Voluntary Repatriation to Afghanistan - 2015: Key Findings of UNHCR Return Monitoring, 01 January-31 December 2015 (UNHCR, April 2016) [text]
Migrant Integration in the UK: Politics, Policy and Practice, London, 27 Jan. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
Resettlement Statistical Database Portal (UNHCR) [access]
- "This database enables you to investigate different aspects of UNHCR’s resettlement activities [between 2003 and 2005]: by region and country of asylum, origin or by country of resettlement."
- Thematic Focus: Solutions (16 May 2016)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.