The Annual Tripartite Consultations on Resettlement (ATCR) were held this week in Geneva, from 13-15 June 2016. UNHCR released its Projected Global Resettlement Needs report on the first day of the meetings. The agency anticipates that more than 1.19 million people will be in need of resettlement in 2017. NGOs also made an urgent call "for States to provide resettlement spaces and additional legal channels for at least 10 per cent of the global refugee population annually." To follow some of the discussions at and outcomes of this year's ATCR, review the Twitter feed and related hashtag.
Delivering the European Agenda on Migration: Commission Presents Action Plan on Integration and Reforms 'Blue Card' Scheme for Highly Skilled Workers from Outside the EU (European Commission, June 2016) [access]
- Follow link for factsheets and action plans.
*Durable Solutions: Five Implementation Challenges and Possible Pathways for Improvement (NCHS Blog, June 2016) [text]
Is Resettlement for 10 Percent of Refugees a Pipe Dream? (IRIN, June 2016) [text]
National Refugee Resettlement Forum 2016, Wellington, 26-27 May 2016 [info]
- This theme was "Refugee Youth: The Dual Challenge – Transitioning to Adulthood while Settling in New Zealand." Follow link for programme and presentations.
Progress Report on Relocation and Resettlement (European Commission, June 2016) [access]
- Follow link for factsheet and report.
Refugee Integration in the United States (Center for American Progress, June 2016) [text]
Resettled in the Heart of America (Refugees Deeply, June 2016) [pt. 1] [pt. 2] [pt. 3] [pt. 4] [pt. 5]
- A "World Refugee Day special series on the experiences of men and women from around the world who resettle in America."
Resettling Refugees in Australia Would Not Resume the People-smuggling Trade (The Conversation, June 2016) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Solutions (1 June 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.