CFP: Refugee Research Methodologies Workshop, Istanbul, 7-8 October 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 August 2016.
14th Coordination Meeting on International Migration, New York. 25-26 Feb. 2016 (UNHCR, Feb. 2016) [text]
G7 Ise-Shima Leaders' Declaration, G7 Summit, Ise-Shima, Japan, 26-27 May 2016 [text via White House]
- Includes language addressing the refugee and migrant crisis.
Core Messages Related to the UN Secretary General’s Report:
In Safety and Dignity: Addressing Large Movements of Refugees and
Migrants (IASC, posted June 2016) [text]
- The text of the full SG report is available on ReliefWeb.
The False Dichotomy between 'Economic Migrants' and Refugees (IOM Blog, May 2016) [text]
Global Report 2015
(UNHCR, June 2016) [access]
- "[O]ffers a comprehensive view of UNHCR’s challenges and achievements worldwide."
Media’s Attention Span Mirrors Western Priorities (Refugees Deeply, May 2016) [text]
- Part 2 of series on refugee advocacy.
Origins and Destinations of the World’s Migrants, from 1990-2015 (Pew Research Center, May 2016) [access]
A Perfect Storm? Forces Shaping Modern Migration and Displacement, Discussion Paper, no. 3 (Regional MMS & Global Initiative, May 2016) [text via Global Initiative]
Population Displacement and the Global Refugee System, Report prepared for Congress of Vienna 2015: In Search of Principles for a
Stable World Order, Vienna, 22-25 October 2015 [text]
A Troubling Tradition of Excluding Refugees (Refugees Deeply, May 2016) [text]
- Thematic Focus: General (25 May 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.