CFP: Journal of International Humanitarian Action [info]
- Submissions sought for a thematic series of articles on "Humanitarian Technology." No deadline is indicated. Note: This is an open access journal.
Getting to Europe the 'WhatsApp' Way: The Use of ICT in Contemporary Mixed Migration Flows to Europe, Briefing paper, no. 2 (Danish Refugee Council & RMMS, June 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Help.unhcr.org: A Platform for Asylum Seekers to Access Information (UNHCR, June 2016) [text]
How 3D Printing Can Save Lives: New Technology Could Revolutionise Demining Efforts (IRIN, July 2016) [text]
How to Make the Most of Information Management in Coordination?, Webinar, 9 June 2016 [info]
- Follow link for audio; a transcript of the webinar is available here. See also related briefing paper.
Inspection of Country of Origin Information (Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, May 2016) [text]
The Refugee Crisis Will not be Hacked (Thomson Reuters Foundation, July 2016) [text]
Research in Countries of Origin with the Aid of Trusted Third Parties, EASO COI Query (European Asylum Support Office, March 2015) [text via Refworld]
A Sanctuary in Times of Need: The Public Library "Response," Session at IFLA World Library and Information Congress, Columbus, Ohio, 13-19 August 2016 [info]
- Follow link to access papers.
Saving Refugees’ Lives, One Top-up at a Time (New Internationalist, June 2016) [text]
Voices of Refugees: Information and Communication Needs of Refugees in Greece and Germany (BBC Media Action, July 2016) [text]
- See also related CDAC Network news story, which includes link to podcast of researchers' discussing their findings.
- Thematic Focus: ICTs & Information Services (23 June 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.