Events & opportunities:
Job announcement: Assistant Coordinator, International Refugee Law Training Programme, IIHL [info]
- Apply by 29 August 2016.
CFP: International Journal of Refugee Law [info]
- Contributions sought for special issue marking the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees. The deadline is 31 August 2016.
Lecture: International Refugee Law: Yesterday, Today, but Tomorrow?, Melbourne, 14 September 2016 [info]
Course: International Refugee Law, Sanremo, 25-29 October 2016 [info]
- Application deadline is one month before the start of the course, or 25 September 2016.
Seminar: Australian and European Refugee Laws: A Year in Review, Melbourne, 4 October 2016 [info]
CFP: Annual International Refugee Law
Student Writing Competition [info]
- Submission deadline is 21 November 2016.
"Asylum vs Sovereignty in the 21st Century: How Nation-states Breach International Law to Block Access to Asylum," International Journal of Migration and Border Studies, vol. 2, no. 1 (2016) [preprint via SOAS IR]
"The Dawn of International Refugee Protection: States, Tacit Cooperation and Non-Extradition," Journal of Refugee Studies, Advance Access, 23 April 2016 [preprint via ResearchGate]
- Note: Access this item by following the link above, and clicking on the "download" button under the relevant title. The text is available in .DOC format.
"Extended Definitions of a Refugee and Complementary Forms of Protection: An Obsolete Polarisation between Two Different Approaches to International Protection?," King’s Student Law Review, vol. 7, no. 2 (2016) [full-text]
Proposal for a Displaced Persons Convention, Current Issues, no. 60 (ACUNS, July 2016) [access]
- Follow link for podcast.
"Prospects for Responsibility Sharing in the Refugee Context," Journal on Migration and Human Security, vol. 4, no. 3 [open access]
"Reconceiving Burden-sharing in International Refugee Law," King’s Student Law Review, vol. 7, no. 1 (2016) [full-text]
Responding to Challenges Facing the International Refugee System: Policies,
Opportunities, and Messages (Social Change Initiative, July 2016) [access]
- Via same link, see also earlier related discussion paper entitled "Revitalizing the International Response to Forced Migration: Principles and Policies
for the 'New Normal'."
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (8 Aug. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.